XCPU.com site troubles

Reaction score
Is anyone able to view xcpus.com?
I haven't been able to view the site for a few days now.

I enjoy visiting the site to view my statistics but here lately the site seems to be shut down.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
No, it's been down 4 or 5 days for me. They seem to have a lot of problems lately. It's too bad really.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I've just tried Cliff. No joy (just in case it's a locale type of thing).

Reaction score
It seems XCPU maybe down for good. What a shame, I do like this site.

If the site doesn't work by the end of the month, I will have no option but to remove XCPU links from the Folding Guild.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I agree! It's a shame because that site can make it easy to see what a teammate is doing, like going for 3,000,000.:D

How about an early attaboy for c_c!

Awesome!

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
WooHoo! Very nice numbers there c_c!

Reaction score
WOW - I haven't been watching my own numbers.

Slowly crept up on me. :D

Onward to 4 Million ;)

Reaction score
I just noticed XCPU.com is back up and running again. :)

On a side note if they go down again this month, I will remove their links from the Folding Guide. I like XCPU.com, but I can't keep site links when the site doesn't stay running.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I really love those numbers when they come back after being down for a while.:eek:

Reaction score
XCPU came back up today after 3 weeks of downtime. I wonder if it will stay up this time.

To be honest I wasn't expecting the site to come back after being down for so long.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Thanks.

My old link was taking me to their forums page for the last week or so.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I just checked out that site. Seems that we've moved up a couple of notches.

I couldn't help but notice the team name at the #655 position, just 2 behind us.

"thepiratesociety.org"

What a name for a team!:D

Cat

Reaction score
Thanks Full_Taoer, I didn't realize the address had changed. They should have placed a redirect or a we have moved sign.

However now that I have already removed their links, I can't ignore the three or four times that their site has gone down. I will monitor the new links and if they are still up without any downtime by the end of June, I will reconsider adding XCPU links back in the Folding Guide.

Reaction score
Quote from xcpus 6/11/11
arisythila

" Hey guys,

So this is what we are going to do. Dean is a busy man. And it is hard for us to have him work on stuff because he is just so busy. We have one or two options on what we can do.

1. drop F@H stats completely.

or ...

2. We completely revamp F@H.

We would try to maintain every bit of data we can in order to keep things as distant as possible. This would also allow for normal people to work on the system so we can make new features.

This year, I want to bring XCPU's where it needs to be. This was once a great community, and it still is, But we need to expand it a little bit. We cannot expand if we are on proprietary code base like we are on right now.

I plan on bringing us into the next level, and bringing this site back to an A+ site. I hope you are all with me.

Thanks, "

Ask a Question