Would new built gig 64bit recognise hard drive with os 32 bit on it

Reaction score
Would new built gig with 64bit processor recognise hard drive with os 32 bit on it ?
Thanks for help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I mean will the system boot.?
am trying do built new gig with (see specs) but this mobo dos'nt have ide,it have only sata,my question is can i installed win 7 64bit without floppy drive? i have plextor dvd sata drive and sata hard drive, would it recognise sata hard drive without floppy? altough the flopppy disk that came with mobo says "raid driver for 32bit editions only".
Thanks .

Last edited:
Reaction score
A 32 operating system will run on a 64 bit processor but since the hardware used to install the 32 bit system was different, it probably won't boot without a repair install.

Reaction score
Thanks pbcopter.
What it means repair install? I guess reistallation of the same os.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For Vista or Windows 7, it means upgrading upon itself.

If you are reinstalling the operating system from the DVD, you may not need any additional drivers. Vista and Windows 7 have most required drivers already installed.
Vista and Windows 7 also allow the use of a CD or USB thumb drive to install drivers if needed.

Ask a Question