Need Help with New Built

Reaction score
I built a new PC and it works well!
But here is my Question? I have a "PowerColer Radion 6450 2gb Video card!
(My Setup)
Asus motherbroad FM1
8gb G-Skill
A6-3500 cpu
128 ssd plexor
128 ssd Oz
plus two "7200" hhd's

Now! back to the Video Card, in windows 7 my preformance is (4.5) for this card.
Can anyone tell me why this? am i doing something wrong? my Video Card can't be that bad can it?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Your video card was designed to be an entry-level low-end video card, to just meet minimum requirements, certainly not for gaming.

It has a 160 stream processors and 8 texture units, runs on a 64-bit memory bandwidth bus. So you can see that it's really just for basic computer usage and viewing some video, not gaming or HD video. It's the stream processors and more importantly the memory bandwidth that is giving those WEI results.

Go here to read more: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4263/amds-radeon-hd-6450-uvd3-meets-htpc

You could have spent about $110 and got a HD5770 with WEI scores around 7.2-7.6, depending on memory bandwidth and bus speed.

Remember though that WEI scores are not the "end all and be all" of the Windows 7 computing experience.

You spent the money on two SSD units, might as well bite the bullet and get a better video card too.

My system has the CPU as the 'low scoring' hardware at WEI of 6.6, and my RAM at 6.9. After next week that will all change with a new build though!

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
[quoteMy system has the CPU as the 'low scoring' hardware at WEI of 6.6, and my RAM at 6.9. After next week that will all change with a new build though! ][/quote]

Come to the (Intel) dark side Bro;)

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
How about a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 motherboard with 8GB (2x4GB) of Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600 Ridgeback RAM @ 8-8-8-24 coupled to an Intel i7 2600K CPU and a Samsung 830 64GB SATA III SSD?

BTW, the mobo is a dark slate gray color and the RAM is black and the SSD case is satin black. Is that dark enough? LOL! :rolleyes:

I should be done with the build on Wednesday April 4. That is if I'm not too tired. Still gonna use existing Lian Li case, PSU, DVD-RW drive, etc. plus the existing Corsair H60 water cooler.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh... BTW: ROCK CHALK, JAYHAWK, GO KU! Beat Kentucky on Monday Night!

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Think about a cooler soon.
Oh wait you have an H series cooler don't you? Yup there it is right in your post.

Sweet build and you're going to love what you get out of that K chip.

Apologies for the hijack!:eek:

Edit. I had to say goodbye to Louisville last night so GO KU!

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
You're never thought of a hijacker on this end for sure.

Too bad Pitino and Louisville lost.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
[quote. ]I should be done with the build on Wednesday April 4[/quote]

Well?????? It's Fri April 6th. :D

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
[quote. ]I should be done with the build on Wednesday April 4
Well?????? It's Fri April 6th. :D[/QUOTE]

It's done... and it ROCKS! OC the CPU to 4.0 GHz. Booted up perfectly the first time it powered up and updated the BIOS to the latest version of F6 firmware.

Wow, it is fast. :vroam: :cool:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Yodap, thanks for the tips on the OC website and such.

Regarding hyper-threading, no I haven't turned it off. Probably because I'll do some video rendering projects and such. I would have bought the 2500K if I didn't want hyper-threading.

Ask a Question