word perfect 14

Reaction score
Using Word Perfect 14 - File, Open, ... look for a file on the Windows 2003 server, is slower than using Windows Explorer to open and find a file in the same file structure. This is on a Windows 7 prof 64 bit. Is this just a 32 bit software not seamlessly talking to a 64 bit operating system, or is this configurable somehow?

Reaction score
No it sounds like the Word Perfect 14 software itself is running inefficiently There is not a problem when a 64 bit system communicates with a 32 bit or vice versa, it's also not even a problem when two different Operating Systems communicate because they both use the same OSI model to establish a connection too transmit and receive data.

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I don't think it's a 32/64 problem; I haven't come across that. X4 has worked beautifully on Win7x64 for me, and opening files from a 2k3 share is about as fast as from a local drive.

Reaction score
wp

To clarify - I meant the WP 32 bit talking to the win 7 64 bit to get info from the Win 2003. The Win 7 explorer is faster than the WP file open... So I agree that it seems like a WP problem. But what is the problem? I tried running the XP compatibility which did not help. And if you running the same WP with the same basic structure, where do you suggest I look for correcting this? It works, it's just slower (2-3 second sometimes).

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Have you updated your Office X4 to Service Pack 2?

Reaction score
update

The slowness is in Word Perfect and Outlook 2007. Checked the Windows indexing which has been kicking up errors and when I try to modify I get "Borland database engine not installed. Can't load Corel address Book service provider". Can't find any reference to this address book in the WP 14? Tried repair. Tried rebuild of index. Any ideas?

Ask a Question