Won't be able to follow-up on any subscribed threads for a while

Reaction score
Another medical issue was discovered by my nephrologist on Friday. Apparently from being a diabetic for 32 year's now, it's causing hardening of the arteries in my legs, ankles and feet. Apparently that's50 0/0 of the problem and the kidney's are the remaining 50 0/0. The hardened arteries and blood vessel's are know as Atherosclerosis, which is lifelong. It causes heart Attacks & strokes, due to it being some type of plague that cut's off blood flow and oxyge. Seeing as it's affecting my leg's, fett and ankle's, it could very well cause me to be wheelchair ridden, as it could cause bothe feet/lower leg's to need to be amputated. Tomorrow I need to get in touch with a cardiologist to get even more testing. From everything I've read about it online pertaining to diabete's, I'm either going to need stents or arteries blood vessel's re-routied in both leg's. I'm glad that I'm not the type that worries about medical issue's. If I did, this is all enough to drive you nut's. I will say, though that my walking has changed. Now I can't walk fast any more and my leg's and feet cramp up while doing so. I also have frequent moment's where my legs start shaking while standing still. Either way the strange part, is that my cholestorol test's have alway's come back as normal.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that brkab123. It's not a good prognosis at all.

I hope that whatever higher power you recognize will give you Peace and Calm in this trying time.

I, for one, will be ever mindful of you and hope that things go better for you and your health gets better.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm used to it though. I always get the weird stuff. Anyway, I've got my new psu and some mobo mounts and screws coming tomorrow and Tuesday. Tomorrow I'll put the psu in this one and this psu in another case. Tuesday when the standoffs arrive, I'm putting my old AM2+ mobo that was in this pc in the other case, with the old parts that were in this pc. Then I'll put my old Vista Ultimate on that one, just as a backup in case anything happens to this one. I also fially broke down and bought Crysis. It should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll get my frustations out through that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
good luck

7369]Another medical issue was discovered by my nephrologist on Friday. Apparently from being a diabetic for 32 year's now, it's causing hardening of the arteries in my legs, ankles and feet. Apparently that's50 0/0 of the problem and the kidney's are the remaining 50 0/0. The hardened arteries and blood vessel's are know as Atherosclerosis, which is lifelong. It causes heart Attacks & strokes, due to it being some type of plague that cut's off blood flow and oxyge. Seeing as it's affecting my leg's, fett and ankle's, it could very well cause me to be wheelchair ridden, as it could cause bothe feet/lower leg's to need to be amputated. Tomorrow I need to get in touch with a cardiologist to get even more testing. From everything I've read about it online pertaining to diabete's, I'm either going to need stents or arteries blood vessel's re-routied in both leg's. I'm glad that I'm not the type that worries about medical issue's. If I did, this is all enough to drive you nut's. I will say, though that my walking has changed. Now I can't walk fast any more and my leg's and feet cramp up while doing so. I also have frequent moment's where my legs start shaking while standing still. Either way the strange part, is that my cholestorol test's have alway's come back as normal.[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
still finding my way around. I admire your attitude in this "trying" time of your life.. It is, an unforgiving disease which affects so many other organs..I have very little to grumble about and are thankful ... keep me in the loop, mate,sleepyH22

Reaction score
At this point in my life, I'm used to all the medical issue's and refuse to let them faze me. I believe I may be getting on a few of my physician's nerves, as I don't like waiting for them to get around to getting test's or referral's to other physician's. I like to look up thing's and make sure everything get's done, that should be done as soon as possible. Not necessarily on their scheduling. After all it's my kidney's, leg's ankle's and feet. Not their's.

Reaction score
Over the last 2 weeks I've recieved even worse news. Not only am I in stage 3 of kidney disease. Even though my cholesterol has always and still is excellent and norma. My nephrologist referred me to a cardiologist. The cardiologist ordered 5 test's after seeing me. I had the 5 tests today and was supposed to get the results on Monday Nov. 28th. Instead I got them today after the 3rd test. I've got 2 blocked vein's in each leg due to 30+ year's of diabetes. Tomorrow I have what they-re calling minor surgery in the cardiologist's office to see exactly where the 4 stent's need to be placed. Funny thing is, I quess, all my doctor's know I smoke cigarettes and have since jr. high school age. They all agree the diabetes is atleast 95 0/0 responsible, as my cholesterol is fine and I don't have the so called smoker's cough. I cut out alcohol back in 1997 as that's when my diabetes started going downhill fast. That and the fact, the bar's in Florida I've seen are all hole in the wall's, that are part of shopping centers. We're talking a actual portion of the shoppinh center, smaller or as small as a convenience store. Yje one's I've seen don't even have a band on Friday/Saturday night's or a dance floor. I'm used to bigger bar's and going to see the band's/dance. I'm an ex drummer, so karaoke isn't my idea of fun or entertainment, nor is a sports game on tv, that they put the volume at 0. I never went just to drink. As far as I'm concerned if I ever do want a drink, I'll drink it at home.

Reaction score
7369]Another medical issue was discovered by my nephrologist on Friday. Apparently from being a diabetic for 32 year's now, it's causing hardening of the arteries in my legs, ankles and feet. Apparently that's50 0/0 of the problem and the kidney's are the remaining 50 0/0. The hardened arteries and blood vessel's are know as Atherosclerosis, which is lifelong. It causes heart Attacks & strokes, due to it being some type of plague that cut's off blood flow and oxyge. Seeing as it's affecting my leg's, fett and ankle's, it could very well cause me to be wheelchair ridden, as it could cause bothe feet/lower leg's to need to be amputated. Tomorrow I need to get in touch with a cardiologist to get even more testing. From everything I've read about it online pertaining to diabete's, I'm either going to need stents or arteries blood vessel's re-routied in both leg's. I'm glad that I'm not the type that worries about medical issue's. If I did, this is all enough to drive you nut's. I will say, though that my walking has changed. Now I can't walk fast any more and my leg's and feet cramp up while doing so. I also have frequent moment's where my legs start shaking while standing still. Either way the strange part, is that my cholestorol test's have alway's come back as normal.
[/QUOTE]

Good luck with your examination, hope they can do the necessary repairs to your legs.I am lucky and admire your determination, SleepyH22

Reaction score
Thanks Sleepy. Yesterday they did a Angiography (IV in groin w/camera from legs to inside heart w/dye, while xray machine constantly takes xrays to showcase the blockages). I guess I find out when the Angioplasty to correct the blockages is being done, when I go for my follow up visit a week from this coming Monday.This whole thing definitely isn't fun and it basically makes your whole body constantly hurt, etc.Good luck with your examination, hope they can do the necessary repairs to your legs.I am lucky and admire your determination, SleepyH22[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Ask a Question