SOLVED WMC is one hour forward, can't fix it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you saying the time in WMC is different than the time on your task bar? or is the time wrong on all of your computer?

If the time is wrong on all of your computer then go to control panel\date and time. Read the info regarding Daylight Savings Time for your region - is it correct? (if the DST description is not correct then you do need a KB to fix it so reply back if that is the case) Does your part of Australia even use DST? Click on Change Time Zone and if you do NOT recognize DST then make sure that square is NOT checked and of course make sure the proper time zone is selected. Then click OK.

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Rhe update is more than a year old. It was included in SP1. perhaps you have that installed?
Normally the update (Automatic) or "Let me choose") would not be offered, if that was the case. Perhaps you downloaded it manually? Have a look therough your update history.
But, regardless of the zone you are in (or not!!) the update would have been applied. If your clock is keeping regular time and, if applicable, changed correctly with the daylihght saving , then I would not worry too much about it.

Reaction score
Are you saying the time in WMC is different than the time on your task bar? or is the time wrong on all of your computer?
No the time is accurate and matches my taskbar time, but all programs in WMC guide are one hr forward, so instead of Ellen Degenerous being schedule at 5pm{the proper time}, it's scheduled at 6pm, one hr forward.

EDIT"....the program airs at the correct time, but the guide has it one hr ahead, so I can't do a simple record.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Normally the update (Automatic) or "Let me choose") would not be offered,t.
This is a new install, had it working properly on my old PC 2 days ago, but I have dled SP1 and checked for more updates but there's none.
A google search suggested that I needed to install KB979306, so I dled it but it won't install.

My copy is a OEM genuine, and I had to dl WGA to obtain a activation code, so I did so and was allowed to dl KB9xxxx, but as I said, it won't install.

Not sure if KB9xxxxx is the fix, but when I set my timezone back an hr, it set my time back by 1hr, and the programs followed it, rather than stay put.

Reaction score
Gustuv I got him!!!!!
I had to drop my clock time back an hr, and then set my timezone, so now it seems ok!!!

Ask a Question