SOLVED WMC help needed

Reaction score
I did a clean install of Windows 7 Professional x64 on Friday. I then installed SP1 and MS Office 2007 Home & Student. Next I installed Office2007 SP1, rebooted, installed Office 2007 SP2 and rebooted. I then transferred my Contacts, Downloads, Documents, Music. Pictures and Videos to my 2nd hard drive from my externeal hard drive. I then installed Silverlight and repeatably ran Windows Update until no updates were found. I then pointed Windows to my personal file on my 2nd hard drive. Next I configured Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center. Afterwards I installed MSE and Malwarebytes free and ran Full Scans in Safe Mode with both after updating them. WMC still isn't displaying Internet TV or Netflix. I even double checked everything else- TV Tuner works fine and sfc/ scannow hasn't found any issues in Safe Mode. Also, my Xbox 360 extender is working fine as far as WMC goes. To check it I watched a recorded tv show from WMC last night.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Possibly a firewall issue, especially if you use something other than tthe standard Windows firewall, as internet TV and netflix mean WMC must be permitted ports for sending/receiving. Don't know much more than to point you in that direction.

Reaction score
SOLVED. It wasn't Windows Firewall or my router's firewall. I did another clean install and reversed the order of what I did afterwards. It turned out to be one of the Windows Genuine Advantage updates for pre Windows 7 SP1 was the culprit. After have SP1 installed and trying to install the WGA updates I had on the original Windows 7 install, SP1 found 3 of them incompatible. I've now got Internet TV & Netflix back in WMC.

Ask a Question