wireless adapters for windows seven

Reaction score
My question is this:
Maby i should give some history first.
Computer: ASUS CS5275
Operating system: Windows seven 64 bit
Memory: 8G
Hard drive: 1 TB

This computer is the second one in a month the first one new out of the box worked very well, I needed a wireless card and i bought a linksys WUSB-100 when i tried to install it, it would not work I called Linksys support they tried several things none worked they then told me i had a bad wireless adapter and to send it back i did, the next day when i tried to boot up my compter i recieved a black screen and and error message about a Hardware/software issue and the computer could not boot up, i returned it to bestbuy because my two week return policy was still in effect, i traded it for another ASUS CS5275 it worked fine out of box, yesterday i recieved from Linksys a new WUSB100 wireless adapter and before i installed it i called Linksys support they assured me their hardware/software would not harm my computer,,,, well after four different techs that could not get it to work even after they remotely took over my computer i was refered to a senior tech he took one look and said it was my computer and that the hard drive was about to crash! I do not believe this! Two identical computers new out of the box working fine till i used their equiptment and software? It could happen but i think not, my computer did start running slower after i installed their software,after i hung up from Linsksys i did do a system restore and took their adaptor off my computer and it did help how my compter to run faster again, now after the fact i have done some research it seems alot of people have had problems with wireless adaptors not just Linksys and Windows seven, my questions are this, is their a way of telling if a harddrive is going bad just by looking in device manager, and do you know of a wireless adapter(USB) that will work with Windows seven right out of the box. I did contact ASUS they told me to install the adapter and then they gave me an BOIS update to install on my computer and told me that would fix my problem, i kinda hate messing around in BOIS if i can find an adapter that dosn't need this. Thanks John

Reaction score
The last time I installed a Linksys wireless card in 1 of my builds there were no drivers for W764bit.

It`s been a few months now, check their site maybe they have them now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm using Linksys WMP54G wireless PCI card with 64-Bit drivers from another company using the same chipset on their cards. I'm not sure what you could do with the USB adapters but for the PCI cards. You can check the chipset on the card and see about finding a driver that way.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I am using an Airlink 101 Wireless N card with two external antennas.

It uses the Ralink chipset, so I get my latest drivers from the Ralink website.

Ask a Question