No wireless after upgrading

Reaction score
Hi
decided after waiting a month to upgrade from 7/10, all went well and installed only to find that no wireless networks are available and no amount of trying can get them back.
googled the problem and all 4 of the first listed solutions are the same command prompt.
now i havent a clue about command prompt but did as instructed and started command prompt admin.

then the following instruction

reg delete HKCRCLSID {988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va/ f

now of course have tried writing reg then delete with a space and also regdelete without a space, the result is always the same

reg delete or regdelete is not a recognized command

ther is a further short command to make after but as the first one doesnt work then that has not been proceeded with
and their you have it, spend 99.99 upgrade to win 10 and find you have no wireless internet and no networks to choose from etc

its a great pity that microsoft didnt warn us that this happens on an awful lot of upgrades.

google claims its all the fault of previous vpn,s. though i have never ever gone down that route, just seems like blame making for the sake of it.

if anyone knows of a solution before i revert to win7 would be obliged.
needless to say microsoft have their much vaunted upgrade but do not reply to this problem

pretty sure someone heir will know how

many thanks
makapa

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First off, this is probably a better question for the Windows10forums.

But anyway, before you go deleting things from the registry the first thing I suggest you do is see if you simply need a driver. It is quite possible you need a win10 driver from your computer manufacturer for your wi-fi.

And driver issues are always a concern when installing a new OS, now you've been warned

Ask a Question