Wired Router Set-up Question?.

Reaction score
Hi people, I am in the UK and have a virgin media cable modem which connects me to the internet. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium and my desktop PC uses Comodo CIS for security. I have just bought and installed a Buffalo WHR-G300V2 router in order to connect my Panasonic Viera link tv to the internet and also use the DLNA function to connect to my PC as well, it is a wired connection not wireless. I followed the instructions and everything went well I can connect to everything and it all appears to work as it should. When I followed the instructions at the Comodo site to alter the DNS settings to Comodo secure DNS I found that I can enter the Router menu page via the address and "root" password mode but when I click on the Internet header at the top in the page which appears it shows some boxes momentarily and then they disappear. this happens on all the headers so that I effectively cannot change anything and am stuck with the default settings. I also found that port 113 is not stealthed while checking my security at GRC.com and cannot take the steps needed to rectify that either. Is this correct behaviour for a wired connection or do I have to do something else first, perhaps a new firewall rule or something. Excuse my ignorance but I am 62 and not very PC aware and as my son the family PC expert is out of touch for the time being I have no one else to ask. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Reaction score
Try disabling Comodo and then check. There are known instances where Comodo, AVG, ZoneAlarm and some others that have conflicts with routers. If all is ok with comdo off...then I would switch to MSE.

Ask a Question