Winows 7 XP mode

Reaction score
A friend is having problems getting an HP P6153f computer to recognize the internal memory card reader in XP mode. The XP Device Manager has flagged it with the usual yellow question mark. HP does not have any drivers listed for XP on that computer as it came with Win 7 installed and has been upgraded to Win 7 Pro to allow Virtual XP mode to run. The card reader works in Win 7 but I want to be able to use it to send photos directly to Photoshop Elements 5, which only runs in XP mode.
HP does not even list the memory card reader make or model, so a web search for a driver is not possible.
Any suggestion? Be nice now!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
xlTguy, welcome to the forums! Try running Belarc Advisor, I can't promise you anything, but a lot of your system devices will be listed. You may need to run it in Windows 7 Pro for the best results, as XP Mode runs in a virtual machine, and your specs will not be listed correctly. I just happened to switch over to the HP site, and discovered that this was computer was designed for Windows Vista, with a lot of users wanting to downgrade to XP. There were support groups to help with this, although HP doesn't recommend it. Try Belarc Advisor first. Hope it helps!

Reaction score
I'll get the end user to try it out to see if the make and model of the memory card reader can be resolved.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'll get the end user to try it out to see if the make and model of the memory card reader can be resolved.
That may be the best thing to do, as I did a little more researching, and came up empty handed. Belarc Advisor usually does a good job of your computer's inventory. There may be other similar programs, but I haven't searched for any.

Ask a Question