Windows7 freeze on screen hibernation

Reaction score
My pc is freezing almost each time my pc gets out of screen power management. not sure of the term but when my screen is in hibernation and I move my mouse, I see my desktop, I move my mouse, so far so good but if I bring my mouse on top of an icon my pc screen freeze. I also tried while the mouse is not frozen do a ctrl-alt-del for taks maanger but that freeze the screen.
on frozen i see my desktop sitting there. Some time after 5-10 min the mouse become ok and my pc can work without a reboot.
Same problem some time playing games (COD- ops) while p^laying my screen freeze and I'M getting the sound in a repeet mode like a strobe. I can only reboot pc.

Any idea?
thanks i'm going mad since 1 year.
Big.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

You say this is a desktop computer? If so you need to go into advanced power settings and make sure your hard disks are set to never turn off.

Attachments

Reaction score
thanks to all, first, thought no one would reply. so super.

first: USB mouse, intellimouse 4 years old but with super lastest driver, from microsoft and 2 other external sites.
second, I had HDD to never but changed my TURN OFF THE DISPLAY to never instead of 10 min.

so will see and let you all know.

Big

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
That should help. Good luck!

Reaction score
FYI, thanks again, so far since 3 days I did not freeze my scree. the: TURN OFF THE DISPLAY to never instead of 10 min seem to have fix my problem. Woe 3 days since 1 year. will keep trtacking it and will let you know in a few weeks.

Ask a Question