SOLVED Windows7 & Windows 10

Reaction score
When the Windows 10 notification first came up, I "reserved" it thinking I would try it when it became available. Subsequently, I have decided that I do not want to do that, at least not right away. Today when Windows 7 notified me of available updates, when I attempted to get those updates, I found that Windows 10 was one of the updates in the list to be downloaded & installed.

I found that even if the Windows 10 update is unchecked, it tries to download/install anyway.

Subsequently I "hid" the Windows 10 update listing from the update list. Still when attempting to install other updates, I found that the Windows 10 update was the first thing in queue to be downloaded/installed.

I changed the update settings so that updates are shown after manual inquiry. and once again the Windows 10 update is the first in queue to be downloaded & installed. So at this point I cannot install regular Windows 7 updates without getting Windows 10.

Looking for help on how to go about removing Windows 10 from the update list allowing me to just deal with Windows 7 updates alone.

Thx,
CLW2613

Reaction score
After no responses, this AM, I allowed Windows Update to install all of the available important updates, including Windows 10.

After restarting the computer, I find that it is still running Windows 7. No idea what it was doing while allegedly installing Windows 10.

In any event, problem solved (for now)!

Cwebb2613

Ask a Question