SOLVED Windows7 and MSI K9N Ultra-2F mobo

Reaction score
hi.
after 3 days of trying to install windows 7 on my pc, i finally succeeded. there is one problem though. to install windows 7 successfully, i had to disable the onboard audio controller in BIOS. now that i have windows 7 installed, everything i enable the onboard audio controller, windows does not boot. it hangs at the animated windows at windows startup. i figured that maybe the BIOS needs flashing but according to the MSI Live Update software, my BIOS is the latest version. i have run out of ideas. please help me fix this problem. thank you.

Reaction score
Hi ramses27 - Welcome to w7forums

This is a strange issue that I have not run across or heard about.

Have you noticed whether or not you have setting in the BIOS for legacy support?
If so have you tried disabling the legacy support?
Can you tell us what your BIOS options are for the audio?

Reaction score
Hi ramses27 - Welcome to w7forums

This is a strange issue that I have not run across or heard about.

Have you noticed whether or not you have setting in the BIOS for legacy support?
If so have you tried disabling the legacy support?
Can you tell us what your BIOS options are for the audio?
thanks clifford_cooley. i checked for legacy support..it was set to auto. i disabled it and enabled the onboard audio controller. its working now. i rebooted and also did a hard boot. it works. thank you so much.
by the way, there are only 2 options for the audio controller. enable and disable.

Ask a Question