Windows vista remove

Reaction score
My netbook came with Windows Vista installed in C drive. I installed Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate in my E drive. Now both are working OK. To save HDD space, can I uninstall Vista by deleting Windows Folder in C drive? Is there a better method? Will removal of vista from c drive harm my Windows 7 installation in E drive..:dontknow:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You should have installed Windows 7 to the C drive. Traditionally that's where the operating system is always installed.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey!
As far as I know you can't "uninstall" an operating system,as the computer needs one to function. Though, you can erase the drive containing the OS, thus deleting the OS.
Have you tried Darik's Boot and Nuke? That can erase your erase your hard drive and thus delete the OS. Though, be carefull as it might also erase Windows 7 if it is on a partition.
http://www.dban.org/

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
logamuthu - since netbooks have limited size hard drives it would be best to just to a clean install of Windows 7 and get rid of the other OS.

That way you can reconfigure your partitions the way you want and Windows 7 will be much more responsive too.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I agree, a clean install would be the best way to optimise your space. At the moment, you could remove Windows Vista manually, but unless your current W7 installation doesn't use anything at all on the C drive, it's going to be messy.

Just be sure to make a backup if you do for the clean install method :)

Ask a Question