Windows Lonhorn/Neptune

Reaction score
I'am a techie and work for computer shop and seem to not get a strait answer from any one. There was onece a in a blue moon there were two main operating systems
Neptune and Longhorn why didn't they come out or get released. every one I have asked said what are they and they say "no such thing" but they are on the internet as operating systems that were not released and my qustion is why weren't the released.

Please don't post "I don't know" as your answers as this what happened on another forum and annoyed the life out of me.

Is Lonhorn the code name for windows 7?

Reaction score
Windows Neptune was built on the Windows NT kernel, and was to be the consumer OS that replaced Windows 9x. The Neptune team was merged with the Windows Odyssey team, which was working on the successor to Windows 2000 for business customers. The combined Neptune and Odyssey teams were assigned to Whistler, which became Windows XP.

Longhorn is Windows Vista, but Longhorn contained several features which were canceled to preserve time when the entire project was rebooted in 2005 to make the 2007 launch deadline.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Windows Longhorn was the code name for Vista.

Ask a Question