Windows DVD Maker Error

Reaction score
When I try and burn a avi file to DVD using "WINDOWS DVD MAKER" it reboots my system about 3 - 4min after it starts. I have tried a third party program caled "ConvertXtoDVD 3.8" with NO luck

Win 7 x64

Any Idea's .....

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you get the same reboot problem with the other application? Does anything appear in the event log at the time of the crash, as we can use this to help diagnose the problem.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Do other programs also cause the reboots to happen occasionally? If so I'd recommend you boot to the memory testing program built into the Windows 7 DVD, or download and burn Memtest86+ 4.0v and boot to that: http://www.memtest.org/ and give the system two passes with one of those programs.

Reaction score
Yes,compared with the third appliation,windows 7 dvd maker really has some shortage:No video editing,only one choice of burning videos to dvd disc.But I still like window 7 dvd maker.

Last edited by a moderator:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It is true that it has shortages but, for a hurried burn of your latest photo collection. etc. it is a quick and ready solution.
Fwiw. I think the OP has solved his problem and gone!

Ask a Question