Trace Key on Windows 7 DVD

Reaction score
I have an original New Windows 7 Ultimate ( DVD ) having some error. How do I recover the Key No. from the same DVD?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The key is not on the DVD and DVDs are not key specific, a single key for that version normally comes printed on a card encased with the DVD.

If you already have a licensed copy of Ultimate installed on your computer you can find an old copy of SIW (newer versions now cost money) or similar software and extract your key from your installation ... but other than that, you would need to buy a product key.

Reaction score
If someone has windows key, Then he can submit it to Microsoft site to download or get relevant ISO or DVD, But Microsoft did not offer product key after seeing your DVD media.
You can only restore lost product key, If you've link it with your Microsoft account, Otherwise you've to buy a new product key for any version of any OS, As I was in the same problem last week, So I searched at Google to find a cheap license key for Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit for my Lenovo i7 laptop

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Tayyib you may just be trying to help but you cannot mention pay sites. Also, buying licenses online from anyone but Microsoft is extremely risky; they often sell the same key to many users and when Microsoft finds out they disable them all ... often this is 2 to 4 months later when the buyer has very little recourse to recover his money.

Ask a Question