SOLVED windows audio device graph isolation stopped working

Reaction score
Some of you know that i had to format my computer because of the directx problems, everything is back to normal but now when i am playing nfs world i keep getting constant freezes (3-5seconds) the game doesn't stop working but the audio stops working. Anyone can help me with this please?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There are lots of reasons for freezing including drivers, which you stated you just changed. You might try uninstalling that driver and trying again.

Also type "freezing" into the forum search and you will find a huge thread on possible causes/solutions from a new anti-virus program to setting your power options to high performance.

Reaction score
There are lots of reasons for freezing including drivers, which you stated you just changed. You might try uninstalling that driver and trying again.

Also type "freezing" into the forum search and you will find a huge thread on possible causes/solutions from a new anti-virus program to setting your power options to high performance.
I tried that already, i noticed that this audiodg.exe stopped working only happens when i am playing with my headset and when i want to exit NFS World or change anything on the options menu. I am out of options :confused:

Reaction score
Quick update i found the service, it is named: Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, now what should i do?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What BIOS version are you using? I see a v1.06 on the Acer website.

Also it appears this computer was made for Vista so you might try the Vista Audio driver they list. Newer drivers from Reltek may limit functionality as they are more generic than ones made for your computer. If it doesn't help you can always put back the latest Reltek driver.

Reaction score
What BIOS version are you using? I see a v1.06 on the Acer website.

Also it appears this computer was made for Vista so you might try the Vista Audio driver they list. Newer drivers from Reltek may limit functionality as they are more generic than ones made for your computer. If it doesn't help you can always put back the latest Reltek driver.
i have v1.10 :confused:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well that sounds even better. Maybe my search resulted in an old Acer link? Go to your local acer site and see if you can find the sound driver they recommend and give that a shot.

Reaction score
Well that sounds even better. Maybe my search resulted in an old Acer link? Go to your local acer site and see if you can find the sound driver they recommend and give that a shot.
Good news dude, your solution worked but i just wanted to know. Should i keep this driver forever or wait for new drivers and see if the problem is fixed on those?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I keep drivers that I know work in a folder and also backed up to an external HD. If windows or Acer comes along and recommends an update then you could give those a try and you would still have the one you know works as a back-up if something goes wrong.

Ask a Question