No audio in windows 7

Reaction score
When my fraps audio started desyncing, I found a potential solution for the problem. The solution was, to reinstall your audio drivers. I deinstalled the audio driver in the programs and functions section. Then I loaded up my MoBO CD (mobo in system specs) with the driver for the onboard soundcard on it. I tried to install, I got an error. I found out that when you deintsall "Audio device on high definition audio bus" in devince manager, you can install the driver again. The problem is, that after doing that, I can finish the installation of the realtek driver (R2.55) but after I perform the restart the setup asks me to perform, windows tries to install the "Audio device on high definition audio bus" again, and it fails after a while.
This might be complicated to understand, you might need more info, and I might have posted in the wrong section. Whatever you need to help, ask please because this is killing me.
Regards,
dxdiag

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Please list the complete model info for your motherboard. When I google for the one in your profile I get Asus P7P55-M SI which uses VIA and not Realtek.

The usual installation method is to download the driver from your motherboard manufacturer's website, uninstall existing driver, run CCleaner to get rid of registry entries that are left behind, and then reinstall the new driver manually, not allowing Windows to look for the new driver (unless you're telling it where to look).

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, I fixed the issue by reinstalling in safe mode.
Now I need to tackle the fraps issue. What exactly do you mean with the model information?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Manufacturer and model number.

Ask a Question