SOLVED Windows 7 x64 Multilingual

Reaction score
I bought a multilingual version of Windows 7 x64, where I had to download the installation CD as ISO file. The language packs I had to download separately.
I installed win 7 pr and is working, but could not install the languagepacks.
The downloaded version is German, but I need the English version (to solve problems) and the Hungarian (to help others to solve their problems).
Can anyone help me with useful advice?
Stephan

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The only version of Windows that supports multiple languages by default is Ultimate (or Enterprise). Did you install Ultimate?

Reaction score
No I have bought what was als "multilingual Windows 7 Professional" angeboten.
Da ich in Ungarn bei Verwandten, die Ungarische Version benutzt habe und die urspungliche version ist Englisch, muss da einen weg geben, den pro version andere sprachen zu lehren.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
TranslationFromGerman said:
I have relatives in Hungary and the original version [of W7] is in English. There must be a way for the Professional version to teach other languages
Englisch bitte.

So you have English installed and you want Hungarian? and German?

As far as I know the multi-language pack only allows you to install one language from a choice of several, and the rest are deleted. Unfortunately only Windows Ultimate or Enterprise offer the built-in ability to switch languages but you could use a third party tool called Vistalizator and use it to install and switch between some of the other language packs from Microsoft.

NOTE: I have never used Vistalizator, I merely found it in a search. So I believe your choices are to use the anytime upgrade to Ultimate or to try Vistalizator

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.
I bought the German version, but when I see a problem and look for a solution, most are for the English version, that is I have to translate the advices into German, but it does not always work, because the function-names are not true translations of the original, but a freely invented names.
There is one problem with Ultimate: its support ends next year, but the Pro version is supported for another 3 years.

Reaction score
Thanks,
It looks, that with Vistalisator I could install the languages, but I have not yet tried to use them.

Reaction score
I have installed the English ang Hungarian language packs and using vistalisator, changing the language is "child's play".
Thanks TrainableMan!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked for you. I have marked this thread as solved.

Ask a Question