Windows 7/Windows XP

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got Windows 7 on my Lenovo Ideapad, and wanted to looking loading XP alongside it. I've read differing approaches and thought it a good idea to ask here.
Someone suggested it wasn't possible, but another person told me that it could be done, but only if I remove Win7 and load XP first. Is this true? What should I be on the lookout for afterwards (bugs,glitches, etc.)
Thanks in advance,
Mjkozz

Reaction score
Hi!
As a very-recently joined 'newbie to this Forum and Windows 7', what follows will need verification. But I feel confident that I'm on the right track.
"Loading XP alongside Win_7": there are two ways of doing that: either install XP Mode in Win_7 or make a dual boot system. I've no experience of the first yet - but it is planned, and of the second way, I have done that in the past with Windows 2000 and Windows XP. It was necessary to install the older OS first, so I'll guess that the same applies to XP and Win_7. One other thing: in that dual-boot scenario, all your apps. need to be loaded twice: once for Win_7 and again for Win_XP, plus (probably) different drivers for any peripherals. So you'll need a large HD: probably 500 GB at least - but that's a guess.
HTH,
The Mekon.

Ask a Question