Windows 7 Upgrade....not genuine warning

Reaction score
I bought a new Studio XPS for video editing. It came with W7 Home Premium on it. So, I purchased the W7 Professional upgrade, at Best Buy, where I purchased the pc. I also bought a copy of the new MS Office at the same time. The W7 upgrade came in a package, no disc, just the registration key that opens the program. I did not use pc much, as I was remodeling my new home office/studio. I now have connected it to the internet, and I get, "THIS COPY OF WINDOWS IS NOT GENUINE." However, it is a valid purchased copy with box, et el. I tried validating per the usual instructions, and I have an email in to Microsoft. Is this a common problem? Am I missing a patch or something?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
If you entered the correct product key off of the box, then it all should be good.

If not, enter it and try again. If no success, call M$ support and they'll get you fixed up. Their are there to help, not give you a hassle. Could just be registry item.

Ask a Question