Prevent posting of free upgrade to Windows 10

Reaction score
Every time Window 7 opens on our systems, we receive a pop-up for a free upgrade to Windows 10.

How can we prevent this pop-up?

Microsoft seems to have gone squirrelly. Some one there thinks that by annoying their customers we will rush to embrace them more closely? Based on their current approach, I am more inclined to switch to Apple.

Reaction score
Launch Windows Update: wuapp.exe
Click Installed Updates at bottom left.
Right click Update for Windows 7 (KB3035583).
Choose Uninstall.
It'll then need a reboot, but that nag will be gone.
Check for updates and when you find it there, choose hide update.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know, If we can upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, But I know very well that You can upgrade from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 and your windows will be activated, If you already have activated windows 8.1 professional, Otherwise your windows 10 will be trail version.
In this matter all you need is a Product key, Which through you'll activated your OS, Then you can reinstall your OS and activate it as you want.
Recently, I upgraded my windows 8.1 pro to windows 10, but my laptop become slow, So I format and install new windows 10 OS, Now I'm searching its product key for activation. Hope it will helpful for you.

Reaction score
I have Win7 Home Premium, installed and activated. When did the Update, it came out as Wub10 Home, also installed and activated. So yes, it can be done, and with help of backups, it can be undone too.

Ask a Question