Windows 7 upgrade from Vista - Windows Mail Prevents upgrade completion

Reaction score
I was attempting to install the Windows 7 upgrade yesterday but received an error that stated the upgrade could not proceed because Windows mail (?) was no longer included with Windows 7 (Or something to that effect). How do I get around this issue so that I can complete the upgrade?

Thanks,

Fred

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Are you doing an upgrade install over an older version of Windows 7?

Please be more specific, it will help.

Reaction score
Before you ran the upgrade did you run the windows 7 advisor? Run the advisor, this will tell you of any hardware and software issues of you system. Any issues must be corrected before the upgrade. In windows 7, windows mail is no longer available as well as windows movie maker and windows photo gallery as they were available in vista. You have to use some other 3rd party software for those applications. MS wants you to use Windows Live Essentials, which is not bad, I use the software. If I remember correctly l had to uninstall some software before I continued with my upgrade. As to which software, that's a blur now as it was so long ago.

Last edited:

Ask a Question