windows 7 surfing trouble

Reaction score
I have just bought a sony vaio 2.53GH dual core , 6MB ram with windows 7x64bit installed.
I have lots of trouble surfing, IE8 is extremely slow, flash ads jump all over the place even in compatibility mode, zynga poker in facebook crashes, and scrolling in general is awuful! I ve tried many times installing and uninstalling flash player and shockwave, even tried chrome and safari to see no improvement... shouldnt my surfing experience be nice n smooth with my new laptop?any suggestions people?....thanks..

Reaction score
Hi jkl77 - Welcome to w7forums

First I must ask that you not base your experience from Facebook apps. Zynga the creators of facebook apps don't know how to keep there fingers off the applications that are running in facebook. They think their apps are all the time needing updated. This causes problems as they never seem to spend their time fixing the main problems. I have had different problems with the apps from day to day. There are other problems that have not been fixed in over three months.

As far as Flash Apps jumping all over the place. I am afraid to say that is also the way the web designers want it. They are programming the Advertisements to jump out at you so that you can't ignore it as usual. The web designers don't want you to have a nice experience until after you have checked out all of their sponsor sites. I don't see this changing anytime in the future.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I can only suggest you try out Firefox and pop in a few nice add-ons like ad block plus and web of trust. (there are many, many more to make browsing a much nicer experience)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Wonderful post, draceena! I'm a Firefox fan myself. But I don't know if installing Firefox will solve ALL of jkl77's problems with his sony vaio. jkl77, if your problem still persists, then you need to look at a reinstall of your OS, or at the very least, changing antivirus programs as well as giving Firefox a shot. Good luck to you and if you still have problems, keep us posted.

Reaction score
He mentioned " installing and uninstalling flash player".

I thought Flash Player was incompatible with 64 bit?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
By default, you should be using the 32Bit IE8. the 64Bit is available in the Start Prorams, but Flash , so far, is not available - that is, only for the 64Bit browser.

But, have you looked in the Msconfig Startup tab, to see if you have any third party programs hogging the ram there?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
He mentioned " installing and uninstalling flash player".

I thought Flash Player was incompatible with 64 bit?
The Adobe Flash player is only incompatible with 64 bit browsers, like IE8 64-bit and Firefox's Beta 64 bit browser. Which is rather strange since Adobe has released a 64 bit Flash player for Linux based systems but not Windows.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's something that I don't understand, how can Adobe put Linux 64 bit systems in front of us? That's just pure bulls**t! We control 90% of the computing base in the world. That is strange, Nibiru2012.

Reaction score
That's something that I don't understand, how can Adobe put Linux 64 bit systems in front of us? That's just pure bulls**t! We control 90% of the computing base in the world. That is strange, Nibiru2012.
I don't know, maybe because Linux is so simple and easy to program for.

I still don't understand why you are pushing for the 64-Bit browser. I know my internet speeds don't even keep up with the 32-Bit browser. Especially a wireless connection like you and I have, would never see the performance gain of 64-Bit browsing.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'm not pushing for it for myself, but for the others who want and feel they need it. Mine and your system's fine. I don't even use the 64 bit IE that's preinstalled on here. And I love my internet speed. But if it will solve someone else's problems, I'm for it.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I think it is a question of, that we all wish to move forward. I was convinced,some time ago, by "Experts" and Microsoft themselves, that 64Bit was the way forward. It is not uniques, in the Micosoft world, to windows 7, and software and hardware people have had a long time to develop their products. It seems negligent that several prominent producers are still lagging behind on this.
As a matter of interest,
I have not used Linux for two or three years, after disasters in that area. Do they have succesful 64 bit releases on the market? One of the biggest problems I did have, was finding drivers (32Bit) for linux, instead of their indifferent generics.

"I still don't understand why you are pushing for the 64-Bit browser. I know my internet speeds don't even keep up with the 32-Bit browser. Especially a wireless connection like you and I have, would never see the performance gain of 64-Bit browsing. "
The best statement in this thread. Assuming the modern trend of many users now operating mainly on the internet - particularly game layers - I do wonder how many of those have sufficient bandwidth and ISP speed to even process 32Bit efficiently.

Ask a Question