Windows 7 Spontaneously Hanging at Please Wait Screen!

Reaction score
I've had windows 7 for like 4 months now and i turned my computer on today and it was at the please wait screen for about 15 minutes so i forced shutdown by holding the power button and tried again but it will not go past the please wait screen right before the login prompt. I decided to try to run in a different mode and right now i am running in debugging services mode in which functions are limited. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
At this point it isn't looking good. If you've waited as long as 20 minutes for the computer to finish updating then a recent update might have gone awry.

One option you could try is booting to the install disc and attempting to repair the install. More likely to work is using the install disc to perform a system restore to an earlier restore point before the windows update occured, but it's still not a guarantee to recover the windows install.

Reaction score
The same thing is happening to me. I will post any fix I find. Thanks for starting this thread, mvpsuns13. I'll be trying what Kougar said.

Ask a Question