Windows 7 RTM arrives on Connect, MSDN, and TechNet

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good news for official beta testers, MSDN and TechNet! Windows 7 RTM is now available to download. However, if you're like me you'll need to wait another couple of months for the official release to get your hands on this!

Windows 7 RTM (build 7600.16385) is now available on Microsoft Connect for testers, as well as for MSDN and TechNet subscribers. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available for download in English. French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese are supposed to hit on August 14 and the remaining languages are to arrive on August 21. Windows 7 RTM should arrive on MSDNAA on August 14 as well.

Yesterday Microsoft sent out an e-mail telling members of the invitation-only Windows 7 Technical Beta Program that they will be getting a free copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. If you didn't get the e-mail, you won't be getting a copy via the beta program. Testers can choose to download the final build or to receive a boxed copy (limited quantities); they have to decide which method for obtaining the software they prefer. Microsoft made the decision to give Windows 7 testers a free copy of the operating system last week.
You can read more at ArsTechnica here:
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/08/windows-7-rtm-arrives-on-connect-msdn-and-technet.ars

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
...and good news for Microsoft MVPs, too since a TechNet subscription is part of the yearly award. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a good reward! :) Do you go to many of the MVP events that they run?

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I attended the MVP global summit in 2005, which was an experience. Other than that, I am kind of isolated where I live (from MS Canada) so I don't get to attend much. There are online web meetings and such that are held regularly, however.

Reaction score
I dont know if you know James, but are there any plans for a live launch in the UK - I have never been to one, and would like to know what it is like.

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
There might be one planned, but I don't know of any as yet. I have never been to a launch myself.

Ask a Question