Windows 7 Restarting in installation.

Reaction score
Hey guys, i recently purchased Windows 7, i have xp so i opted for the upgrade version,

I enter the install it installs everything until i get to the last 'process' which is Completing Installation, it then proceeds to say windows needs to restart, it restarts then just loops.

I have deleted the partition on the hard drive from the Windows Xp version using command prompt and i fail to see any other methods of sorting this out?

When i try and repair this using the disc, it says it is unable and asks me to send some date to Microsoft, i also get some error codes. Mainly one the error being:

0x0

And the main reason was setup incomplete or something along those lines...
Thanks for any advice

Last edited:

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Tom...

Are you doing a clean or "custom" install as MS calls it? Also, can you give us your computer specs, that would help.

Reaction score
I was warned by many of my friends, not to do the upgrade option because of this kind of problem. I backed up all the files and photos I wanted to save and then did the complete/clean install and had no problems. Good luck.
Hey guys, i recently purchased Windows 7, i have xp so i opted for the upgrade version,

I enter the install it installs everything until i get to the last 'process' which is Completing Installation, it then proceeds to say windows needs to restart, it restarts then just loops.

I have deleted the partition on the hard drive from the Windows Xp version using command prompt and i fail to see any other methods of sorting this out?

When i try and repair this using the disc, it says it is unable and asks me to send some date to Microsoft, i also get some error codes. Mainly one the error being:

0x0

And the main reason was setup incomplete or something along those lines...
Thanks for any advice

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Tom

Can you post system spec and what version of Windows 7, plus the bit .. 32 or 64.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I was warned by many of my friends, not to do the upgrade option because of this kind of problem. I backed up all the files and photos I wanted to save and then did the complete/clean install and had no problems. Good luck.
In my humble estimation, over 70% of the problems posted on this forum would be eliminated if the above advice is followed.

To do an upgrade install takes anywhere from an hour at the minimum to over 3 hours in some instances, then the associated driver installs etc.

To do a clean or "custom" install takes about 15 to 20 minutes then the driver installs and re-loading the programs you want. Total time about an hour to an 1-1/2 hours, plus the system runs like it should and is much more responsive and faster.

This is a "no brainer", a clean install WILL ALWAYS be better than an upgrade install.

Reaction score
TomHolmes,
Prior to migrating to Windows 7 from Windows XP did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor?
To determine if your current computer configuration will be compatible with Windows 7 please go to the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx
Another resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx
Also, does your current hardware configuration require additional drivers for your chipset? You would be able to retrieve this information directly from the manufacturer.
Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Ask a Question