Windows 7 RC2

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The rumour mill is in full swing today with talk of Windows 7 RC2 (build 7200), supposed to be released to MSDN and Technet subscribers on 12th June:

Wzor confirmed that Windows 7 build RC2 is true. We are just going to assume that RC2 = RTM earlier it was rumored that build 7200 = RC2 and Build 7300 = RTM. The information provided by Wzor indicates that Microsoft recently cooked build 7225 on 29 May’09. Source is so confirmed and promised to provide screenshots within the week. Many souurces declined the possibility of RC2 earlier but Wzor confirms it. According to source There are three main branches (branch) the development of Windows 7, the main branch (winmain), branch (winmain_win7ids_sp), and finally server (fbl) branch. In each of these branches are collected assemblies numbering assemblies through, but the dates are different assemblies not to mention the creation of the assembly.
You can read more on this development at iHackintosh here.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Hm, isn't this a little fast for RC2? Then again they don't have much time left... but still it sounds to fast. Just one month for an RC build, I'd think any RC2 would arrive in July or August unless there was some major change made.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I'm very sceptical about things like this unless it comes from a trusted source - it's interesting but just rumours at the moment. :) If it's true we should get confirmation pretty soon I guess.

Reaction score
So when is the RCM actually meant to come out, when do you think it will be released?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The RTM date is supposed to be sometime in August, with a launch date of late October. That's sometime ahead of the Jan 2010 launch predicted, but it doesn't seem out of reach considering the success of the RC.

Reaction score
The 7100, and 7200 numbers are daily counters right - Has is been 100 days since 7100? - I must have lost count.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
The 7100, and 7200 numbers are daily counters right - Has is been 100 days since 7100? - I must have lost count.
No, they are not. They are just arbitrary build numbers to denote stages or milestones in the dev cycle. 7100 was compiled on April 21, 2009. ;)

Reaction score
No, they are not. They are just arbitrary build numbers to denote stages or milestones in the dev cycle. 7100 was compiled on April 21, 2009. ;)
Thanks for clearing that up - That just goes to show you - You cant believe everything you read!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There's talk on this being leaked already and available for download - I'm guessing it's a fake though, but I don't know. If I find out anything else I'll post back here :)

Ask a Question