Windows 7 RC upgrade

Reaction score
I'm running 7068 64 bit and have tried upgrading to 7100 RC 64 bit but it won't let me, it tells me this version is not upgadeable? Anyone got any suggestions or am i going to have to instal a fresh copy from scratch?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Its not quite that straightforward, as you need to make a few changes to the install files. Personally, I'd do a clean install and use the easy transfer wizard to move your files and settings over :)

• Copy the contents of the ISO or DVD to a separate storage location (such as a bootable USB storage device, a separate partition or whatever)
  • Open the file \sources\cversion.ini in a text editor and modify the MinClient number to a number lower than the version Windows 7 that you want to upgrade from – so for the beta you would set this to something like 6900.
  • Save the file and then run the install routine from the location with the modified file

Ask a Question