Windows 7 Quickset Volume Bar

Reaction score
How do I get the volume bar to come up when adjusting the volume in Windows 7 ? I have Dell Quickset installed and the brightness level comes up however the volume bar is not displayed...when i go to Quickset it does 'not' have a check next to the "disable on screen volume bar" .

admin edit:Split from old thread.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It is quite probable that the quickset software isn't fully compatible with Windows 7, so there might not be an easy fix for this until they release a new version. Perhaps someone else running a Dell computer with Quickset installed can confirm :)

Reaction score
I understand there might be compatibility issues but I think it's weird that the brightness bar comes up when I adjust that.

I think it has something to do with the fact that the volume is not changed through a keyboard shortcut but rather the Dell Media buttons at the top. Either way if someone could test this out and let me know if its my laptop or just compatibility issues i'd appreicate it

Reaction score
Me too

I am having the same issue with no resolution as yet.

I found a post that led me to the registry settings for the X and Y coordinates of the OSD for the QuickSet application, but it changes back to default. Could the application be trying to place it off the screen, so it's not showing? As stated, I've changed it, using the brightness for a guide as to the correct entry to no avail.

If anyone can provide anymore information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
hello, i am not quite sure what you are asking, volume or light?

There should be an icon for volume, a little speaker if you will, and by clicking on this you can control the master sound. and there is also a choice of mixer, which gives you the oppourtunity to control sound for different applications

Reaction score
Im alittle confused too - Im guessing we are talking about the color display bar that shows the volume when you use the buttons on the keyboard to change the volume

Simular to the display on a TV when you change the volume

Reaction score
Im alittle confused too - Im guessing we are talking about the color display bar that shows the volume when you use the buttons on the keyboard to change the volume

Simular to the display on a TV when you change the volume
Exactly. It is the display on the screen when you use the keyboard buttons to change the volume. The brightness display works, but not volume display.

Reaction score
Exactly. It is the display on the screen when you use the keyboard buttons to change the volume. The brightness display works, but not volume display.
I'm not exactly sure - Im thinking this is something the keyboard driver controls - The only time I ever see this is with keyboards that support changing volume - If new drivers for the keyboard doesnt help - I wouldnt know what to tell you.

Which keyboard do you have maybe we can help you look for a new driver - If you look at the bottom of the keyboard there should be a tag with the manufacturer and model.

Reaction score
hellow,
i have the same problem.
they refer to the shortcut keys in the keybord that remote on the volume.
when you press to change the volume it's need to show on the screen, but it doesn't. however when you change the brightness it's working good.

i am sorry for my english.
thank you.

Reaction score
Im having this same problem too with the volume bar not poping up when changing the volume via shortkey command

ctrl + up/down arrow.

I think it is definitely a windows 7 issue. As before i did have it always pop up on screen but lately it dosnt show. Only on some occasions it does
Very strange....

Dells website has zero windows 7 drivers for my xps m1730

Ask a Question