Windows 7 overwrite bug (or just me)???

Reaction score
I have experienced with MULTIPLE programs in Windows 7 asking me if I want to overwrite a file when the name I inputted is different than the file currently in the folder!!! this typically happens when I have a file named something like

pokemonlove1.mid and I click it to quickly get the name without having to type it all over again but I remove the 1 and it becomes pokemonlove2.mid, when I click 'save' it asks me to overwrite the existing file even though they are DIFFERENT, deselecting the original file DOESN'T WORK either, still asks me if I want to overwrite... the only way is to navigate to a different directory then come back...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't like it either but if you select a file then it grabs a hold of it and will use that name even if you type a different name. I don't have a solution except to exit out and then come back because if you do say yes it will indeed overwrite the file.

Ask a Question