Operating system not found

• missing library files

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • operating system not found

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Since last year, my laptop kept have the above problem after I restore from my restoring disc. It happen on an average of 3 - 4 months period. I read some articles, it seem like I need to fix the library files in order to prevent future crash. Can anyone help me? Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you are constantly loosing files including the OS then your hard drive may need replaced. Have you performed a thorough scan of the hard drive?

Reaction score
If you are constantly loosing files including the OS then your hard drive may need replaced. Have you performed a thorough scan of the hard drive?
I have run the window scan whenever I restore the operating and have no error on the hard drive scan.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So your hard drive does not show any problems but every 3-4 months you loose library files and get a "no OS found" message ....

Are you shutting down your computer safely every time?

Some hard drives sleep or are put on lower power to hibernate. This can cause issues for some people. You could go to control panel > power options. Go to advanced and set it to never let the hard drive sleep. Also in control panel > device manager see if there are any power settings there for the hard drive.

I also recommend you scan for viruses.

Unfortunately since your issue is so infrequent, it can be hard to tell if you found the problem or not. If it is still working in 5 months then that may have been the solution.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Samsung rv510 was not loading windows and displaying OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND. In my particular instance I tried F2 and F4 with no successful actions. I opened the hard drive cover and reseated the hard drive and IT WORKED.

Reaction score
having similar issues + while searching it was mentioned checking the connectors, surely worth a try!!

Ask a Question