Windows 7 not genuine copy

Reaction score
Hello all friends,

First of all, I would like to wish everybody a happy and lucky new year.

I bought my computer with window Vista and a free upgrade to window 7 in October. A few weeks ago, at the lower right corner I got a message: this copy of window is not genuine, window 7 build 7600. I feel bad about it when people look at this !!!
Can you help ?

Thanks a lot

Tuan Anh Vo

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the site! :)

Did the free upgrade version of Windows 7 come direct from the PC supplier? If so, which make computer is it?

I'm guessing you have a legitimate DVD and serial number that was sent out to you?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
You should contact the company that sold the computer and explain the situation, if they are a reputable one, they will make it right. If they don't, contact Microsoft with all of the details (seller name & contact info are a must). They have a program that may help you, sometimes they give a legal copy at no charge, depending on the situation. I knew one person that got one for free from Microsoft, the circumstances were similar, bought a laptop with a free upgrade. But instead of it coming from Microsoft, the seller "furnished" the upgrade media. That's why I waited, I didn't want to go through the trouble of upgrading. I prefer to buy a computer with the OS of my choice preinstalled. That extra month was worth the wait.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
dvosh, Thanks for the information but what you posted was due to a Dec 2014 patch so it would not have been the issue back when this thread was active.

Ask a Question