Windows 7 networking question

Reaction score
I need some hel with networking Windows 7 x64 to a x-box 360 & hdtv. My pc is in the master bedroom on one end of the house. The x-box 360 and hdtv are 3 rooms away on the other end of the house. I'm thinking of adding a powerline network to my Netgear WNDR3700 router which is hard wired to my DSL moden and pc. I'll be placing the 2nd powerline adaptor near the x-boxx 360 and tv. I know I'll probably need another adaptor for the x-box and hdtv, as there's a microwave in the kitchen, which is before the living room. I was wondering if anyone could help walk me through the setup as this is new to me. That way I know what and what not to purchase. Thanks everyone.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do a search for "wireless networking for large homes".

You may consider wireless repeaters or most reliable would be a wired access point.

Haven't done this myself and never gave their X-box access; I simply set up the wireless router at the desktop in the center of the house and the other two wireless computers are in bedrooms a couple rooms away.

Reaction score
I use a Netgear WNDR3700 router which is directly connected to my desktop pc. My AT&T 2wire dsl modem is hooked from phone line to WNDR3700 to pc's lan port. All wired, not wireless. That all works flawlessly. As far as the powerline network and xbox 360, both are being purchased over the next 2-3 months. I basically just want to stream WMC to the xbox 360 and hdtv. I've just never done this before.
Do a search for "wireless networking for large homes".

You may consider wireless repeaters or most reliable would be a wired access point.

Haven't done this myself and never gave their X-box access; I simply set up the wireless router at the desktop in the center of the house and the other two wireless computers are in bedrooms a couple rooms away.

Ask a Question