Windows 7 Network Activity Lights

Reaction score
I remember seeing in a thread a long time ago on here that there was a way to get network activity lights in the system tray using a 3rd party application.

Does anyone know of one that works in Windows 7 and doesn't have much of an overhead? I have found some that add a new icon to the system tray, but it would be better if it could replace the existing network connection icon if possible.

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I remember seeing in a thread a long time ago on here that there was a way to get network activity lights in the system tray using a 3rd party application.

Does anyone know of one that works in Windows 7 and doesn't have much of an overhead? I have found some that add a new icon to the system tray, but it would be better if it could replace the existing network connection icon if possible.
How about an app that uses your keyboard lights? I haven't tried it on Win7, but it works on Vista:
http://www.shivaranjan.com/2008/09/...num-lock-leds-as-network-activity-indicators/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The network activity lights have been a very common request, and I think the post you may have seen was this one by unawave. I'd also like to see those network lights back, and if Windows 95 managed it the system overhead can't be too large. :)

Using the keyboard lights to indicate this is a very clever idea :cool:

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
There are also sidebar gadgets that monitor activity, but a taskbar (or, I should say 'notification area') icon is better.

Reaction score
Thanks James, that looks like it will do the trick for me :). I'm going to use it on my laptop that has a little num lock button on the front, so it will be even more useful!

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Great! Let us know what you think of it after using it for some time.

Ask a Question