SOS! Windows could not detect a properly installed network adapter

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After 6 hours of reading/testing I can't do anything else and I am really tired, so you guys are my last hope. Here is the problem:

I had a lot of hardware in my stock so I decided to make some desktops today. I built them normally without any problem, the only thing was that in 1 desktop I had to use DDR2 ram instead of DDR, so I borrowed one ram card (2GB) from my main PC in order to make the desktop run.

While I was making a format to my desktops, I tried to log in from my main PC. Then I face out the problem: I couldn't connect to internet!
- It says: "no connections available"
- After troubleshoot: "Windows could not detect a properly installed network adapter"
- When I installed the latest drivers: "The realtek network controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug The Cable"
- In device manager there are no "Network Adapters" anymore, only in hidden, and I can't update/reinstall them.

I tried the following I read around:
- Unplug everything from PC and wait around 10 minutes, then plug them back.
- Safe mod uninstalling drivers and reinstalling them. Same error.
- Bring back my RAM and run. Same error.
- Restore default BIOS settings. Same error.
- Add a network card (not sure that it's working, it's an old one). Same error.

My OP: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
My motherboard: ASUS P5Q-EM

Please note that the other desktops are running perfectly. I am asking for help since I can't do anything else, and I feel helpless. The only thing left is to format my PC but I am not sure that this will solve the problem and it's my last solution.

Waiting for your replies..
Thanks!

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would remove your separate network card and try to fix the drivers for that MOBO. See HERE.

Copy these 3 drivers for W7 64-bit to a flash drive and then try to install them on your new computer:

Chipset -
Intel Chipset Inf Update Program V9.1.1.1014 for Windows XP 32bit/XP 64bit/Vista 32bit/Vista 64bit Win7 32bit/64bit from Jul 17, 2009

LAN -
Realtek RTL8111C Ethernet Driver V7.3.522.2009 for Windows 7 and Windows 64bit 7.(WHQL) from July 20, 2009

Utilities -
ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit" from Dec 7, 2009

If it can't even see the LAN port it is probably missing the chipset driver, then the LAN driver itself, and finally once it is working you need to make sure it sleeps/hibernates properly and the ATK driver controls ACPI.

One more thing, you may need to check through the various BIOS settings and make sure networking is not disabled in some way.

Ask a Question