Windows 7 Client Network Issue

Reaction score
Hello, i connected to a network in work group environments where server has win 2k3 and ISA 2000

and my PC which is client has windows 7 64bit ultimate edition. i use this network for internet connection when i set my setting in LAN IPV4 to Obtain Automatically then my internet is working fine while my network admin give me the following settings.
My IP : 172.16.0.99 Subnet mask : 255.255.0.0 Default Gateway : 172.16.0.1

when i set the above setting my internet stops working. even i point my browser to 172.16.0.1 : 8080 and other application who provide setting. but can't get access to internet. but ISA client succesfully detects the server 172.16.0.1 and LAN is saying unidentified network. what should i do successfully connect to internet.??

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Contact your network admin and have him walk you through it.

And I'm not sure but you may also want to ask him about adding those addresses to your firewall.

Last edited:

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
So if I'm following, you can connect to the server, but not the internet?

Since you are manually assigning your IP you must also assign a DNS server to access websites. If your sysadmin didn't give you one you can use one from Google or your ISP.

Ask a Question