Windows 7 MSDN and OEM

Reaction score
what is the different bitween windows 7 MSDN and OEM ?? and what is the best ??

Reaction score
MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) is a special group of people
and
OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturing) is the hardware and software related

Im not following the question
There is not really a way to compare the two

Reaction score
thank you for this information !! but you didn't tell me what is the best in your point of view

Reaction score
Perhaps you didnt understand my point of view

Which would you say is better the "group of people" or the "hardware and software"?
I can not say one is better over the other because there is no way to compare.

Perhaps I am not following your question correctly.
Maybe if you stated why you are asking. I can understand how to answer the question better.

Reaction score
from what did you said i understand that there's no different bitween them
and sorry but my englais is so bed :D and thanks again

Reaction score
No need to apologize - This is a global forum.

I've lived in the states all my life and I don't claim to have good English either. As long as I can understand and possibly help, It doesn't matter about spelling or bad English.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OEM versions of Windows 7 come with brand new PCs (from the likes of Dell, HP etc...). They are a license type that works when you buy from an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) is a group that technical professionals can join (for a fee) which lets you download many MS applications and license it through that.

Neither is better or worse, they are just different ways of acquiring a Windows 7 license.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian - I think you stitched this one up - I have not heard a version called MSDN before, That had me confused and not sure how to answer the comparison question

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Most MSDN (or TechNet) Windows downloads are ISOs of the actual retail versions (without the packaging, of course). However, there are also checked builds and such that enterprise IT types need to access for various purposes.

Reaction score
MSDN

MSDN = Microsoft Developers Network. It's made mostly of companies whe with a membership one can access developement tools such as applications written by MS. They can also use it for training to get MS certification.

Technet = Similar to MSDN but designed for the IT professional and not specifically for developers. The membership is more affordable by individual users where as MSDN members are usually companies. You can download new and old Microsoft applications.

MSDNAA = This is used at universities mostly for students in IT fields. You can download certain app to evaluate.

OEM = Are the version Microsoft supplies to Dell, HP and Toshiba to name a few to install on their pc's. The license goes with the pc and can't legally be installed on another PC.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
so what do you think is best ? msdn or oem ?
:lol: I'm not sure if you've understood what we've all tried to describe... getting Windows 7 under an MSDN or OEM license makes no difference, one isn't better than the other. They are just different ways of obtaining the same thing.

Orlbuckeye has a good post just above, which describes which licensing type suits you best.

Reaction score
Everybody is right Kareem, you cant really compare the MSDN or OEM because they are just ways of getting stuff from Microsoft.
They are exactly the same to be honest with you.

Reaction score
because i have the win7 ultimate OEM and win7 ultimate MSDN and thats why i want to know the different but now i know, and thanks w7forums for helping :D

Reaction score
because i have the win7 ultimate OEM and win7 ultimate MSDN
Where did you get a copy of Windows 7 OEM? - These versions are installed on new PC's and will not be out until after Oct 22.
Where did you get a copy of Windows 7 MSDN? - Are you a member of Microsoft Developers Network?

Reaction score
if i'm a member of MDN i'll ask a questions like that? hh no i'm not :D
i download it from torrent :D

Reaction score
The problem with torrents besides legality and viruses are the key are counterfeit also and easily detected by Microsoft.

Ask a Question