Windows 7 Freezing

Reaction score
Hi ! my PC freezes , im with windows 7 ultimate 32bit . it freezes if i watch a video, play a game, idle or on boot . i install all the new drivers still freezing, reinstall windows 7 still freezing. before i upgrede to win7 i was with vista and i had bsod's every 10-20 min. can someone help :dontknow:? is this a hardware issue?

mobo:asus p5n-d
cpu:intel E8400 3GHz
gpu:GF8800GTS 512mb
ram: 3GB 800MHz
hdd: seagate 500GB
psu:zalman 460W

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Have you tried monitoring w/TaskMgr during these occurrences, to see what else is running?

Reaction score
i cant the mouse and keyboard arent responding , nothing respond

Reaction score
try taking out the graphics card and reinstalling it, that fixed all my freezeup issues :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
From what you've stated in your post, it appears you did an "upgrade" install of Windows 7. Many users who have gone this route have and are experiencing problems of the type you describe.

It is HIGHLY recommended that you do a clean install. (Windows 7 installer calls it a custom install.)

Download all the most current drivers from either the ASUS website or the respective hardware websites.

IF you're concerned because you bought an "Upgrade - Retail" version of Windows 7, don't worry. YOU CAN do a clean install, from scratch, using the upgrade DVD install discs.

Check out this tutorial from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media
Why are you using a 32 bit Windows 7 when your hardware will support 64 bit?

Nearly all 32 bit software will run on the Windows 7 64 bit OS.Install your chipset driver first, then your video driver, LAN and network driver next, then sound driver, and the rest after.

Ask a Question