PC Freezing Windows 7

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I am sorry if I have not post this in the right section or if I did not give enough detail. I have search the web and this site but I could not solve the issue. My PC is freezing in Windows 7 x64. Using the mouse or typing control/alt/delete does not work. I use it for Recording music. My software is Avid Pro Tools 8 and Propellerhead Reason 5.
I thought one of those was the problem until it froze while I was online and also when I was using Microsoft Word. Almost at anytime it will freeze causing me to press the power button (Hard Reboot). I did a Memory Test, Virus Scan and SCF Scan. No help to this problem. I saw on another website that it might be the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphics card. I do not have any Minidumps because I do not get any BSOD errors.

Windows 7 x64
Sevice Pack 1
AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 840 Processor 3.20 Ghz
Installed Ram 6.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphics card

Thanks in Advance!

Reaction score
Microsoft released a Fixit for Internet Explorer, Word & Gmail.. I attached a zipped version of it. Also, Java and Flash/Shockwave Player all got updates this week. Firefox and Opera did as well.

Attachments

Reaction score
Microsoft released a Fixit for Internet Explorer, Word & Gmail.. I attached a zipped version of it. Also, Java and Flash/Shockwave Player all got updates this week. Firefox and Opera did as well.
Well if this stops Mozilla Firefox from crashing it's a plus. This is another problem but a minor one.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Try what brkkab123 advised.

If that doesn't fix the problem, then let us know if the Caps Lock light can be turned on and off on the keyboard. I know its a strange question.

Also, what kind of Keyboard and mouse (Brand and version)?
Have you changed the batteries if it uses them?
Is the Keyboard and mouse far away from the receiver?
Have you updated the drivers for the mouse and Keyboard?

Hope this helps.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Yea, I know mate, he never said that it was PS2 either, that is why I was asking for the Brand and version. With out further information it is pure presumtion.

If you have the same problem can you switch the caps lock light off and on by pressing the caps lock button on the keyboard?

Reaction score
Okay, it did it again but I'm back on. The keyboard and mouse is wireless, has a flash drive that you plug in. Caps as far as I know don't stay on.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Please don't think I am rude or anything, but when it freezes:

Look at the Caps lock light. Is it on or off?
Press the Caps Lock button, does it change the Caps Lock Light??

OK why I say this, is because we can get a crash dump, but only if the scroll lock or caps lock work.

Shintaro

Reaction score
I am sorry to nag, but can you please remember to test the Caps Lock light next time it freezes.

Reaction score
OK, can you walk me through doing that. Becausei don't where that light is on this keyboard. There isn't even a light on the little flash drive.

Reaction score
If you have the same problem can you switch the caps lock light off and on by pressing the caps lock button on the keyboard?
My keyboard/mouse (both wired) is unresponsive, video's stop playing, games stop movement. I'm not trying to highjack the thread, so please concentrate on the OP problem. :) I'm still gathering clues as to what my problem may be.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Clifford_cooley, so can you get the Caps Lock light to go on and off by pressing the Caps Lock button when it frezzes?

Shintaro

Reaction score
terrencej31,
Whilst your keyboard is working press the Caps Lock button on and off a few times to see if you can see a light go on.

I'm sorry but the pics of the keyboard don't really show the cCaps Lock light, neither does the manual on the Gear Head website.

Reaction score
This is not a good Kryboard like my other one. It had a light, this one has no lights at all.

Ask a Question