Windows 7 Folder Permissions

Reaction score
I'm a existing owner of windows 7. My main question is that on the security side. I can't find out how to set permissions on a folder..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you right click on the folder then click on "Properties" there should be a Security tab at the top. You can then modify the permissions for different usernames, or change ownership by clicking "Advanced" :)

Reaction score
Not so quick....

The only problem with this is that the change doesn't 'take'. Go back and check the permissions and they are set back to the original settings.

More of the same with Windows just not working as advertised. They make one thing better and end up breaking three things that used to work just fine. All of the intense security changes have turned recent versions of their operating systems into maintenance nightmares.

The new versions (Vista, Windows7) are prettier, but I have had nothing but inconsistant behaviour on just about every machine I build. And I build and support a LOT of machines.

The good thing is that I have made a lot of money fixing Microsoft operating systems that either broke and the user just can't, or doesn't understand how, to get them to function properly.

Ask a Question