Windows 7 'family pack' pricing revealed

Reaction score
Microsoft will price a multi-license "family pack" for Windows 7 at $149.99, according to at least one online retailer that has posted pricing details prematurely.

Fadfusion.com, a Missouri-based online seller of computers, electronics and office supplies, lists something called "W7 Family Pack - Home Prem Upg" on its site for $138.99, an $11 discount from the $149.99 it claims is the package's suggested retail price.

The software, which will purportedly let users upgrade as many as three PCs in a single household to Windows 7 Home Premium, is listed as "discontinued" by Fadfusion.

At $149.99, the Family Pack would save a buyer $210 over three separate Home Premium...
http://www.infoworld.com/d/windows/...ricing-revealed-704?source=rss_infoworld_news

Reactions: Ian

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Wow, that's a pretty great deal. It's time for some evil plotting...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very interesting :) It's a shame they don't have this on the pre-order offer (but that would be a bit too generous ;)).

Reaction score
Is the family pack only available from Oct 22nd? I can't see it to buy anywhere, but I'd like to get this on pre-order if possible. I need exactly 3 licenses for the computers in my house, so this is just what I need.

Anyone know?

Reaction score
Aha! That's the info. I was looking for but I wonder how microsoft will know if those licenses are from the same household??!! My coworkers are ready to form 'families' in my office. Geez! Never saw so many volunteers to be part of my 'family'

Ask a Question