Windows 7 Experience Index

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi trondam and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Thats some cool graphics :top:... but something is holding you back, can you post your full system spec ?

Reaction score
Hello Veedaz
You to got some cool graphics =)
But hey....i think i know what the problem was...i changed the hdd and suddenly i got 7.5, 7.8, 7.7, 7.7 and 7.1. But still...i think i should have 7.9 in the graphic test.
PS. I now have put out the computer specs =)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Glad you got your index mark up and i agree you should get full marks for graphics (makes you wonder what you need to get them), when i get close to building a new main rig I'm going to OC the hell out of this and see what marks i can get :lol:

BTW nice rig mate :top:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I never understood the Windows 7 Experience anyway. If you score 7.9 on all but one, and you have a 3.0 on that one, 3.0 is your score. I had fairly decent scores on all but the Aero graphics. You would think a three month old PC would do better than that, but it is a budget model. I'm currently running 2GB RAM on it, but later on today or tomorrow, I'm installing the 4GB RAM kit that I bought from Crucial for $105. That still may not improve my graphics, but it will run faster. That's what matters to me, more than a "score". P.S. I've upgraded my RAM (a 10 minute task) and although my RAM assessment is still 4.9, my Primary Hard Drive jumped from 5.4 to 7.3. Would that have to do with upgrading my RAM? Anyway, the PC runs faster, which was my primary goal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Same Problem

Hi
I have the same problem: two ATI 5970 in Crossfire score 6.0 on my system. On the same system a NVIDIA GTX295 scores 7.5. So what's wrong?
2 X NVIDIA GTX295 in SLI score 7.9.
Beside this, even under Benchmarking with applic ations (Bruce 6 as exaple) the 2 NVIDIA work much faster....

Reaction score
Beam me up scotty

My good friend Rodney Purches is also running the same ATI HD5970 which he only has a 6.4 he also has dual DDR2 SDRAM which (4GB) might not be enough so we need more power as Scotty use to say to Captian Kirk,Anyway thanks for the information very true I wonder Just what we need to do to reach the MAXED SCORES

Hi Endless Installation welcome to Windows 7 Forums

I'm running a ATI HD5970 (click my spec) and i get >

Windows 7 Experience Index is a bit stinge with its marks ... as me and you are running the fastest Graphics Card out ! :rolleyes: what do we have to do to get the full 7.9 ?

Edit - maybe put two 5970s together (Quadfire) ?

Reaction score
WTB Blog post

Ian,
I want to thank you for such an interesting post.I was amazed at the changes made from Vista to Win 7.Ian you are very right with the way windows 7 can be made to respond faster.I again want all the reader's know that WIN 7 is awesome especially when we know the extra great ways to become familar with the operating system,I myself have learn't SO MUCH from the WINDOWS SEVEN FORUMS & I am recommending this website to all my friends that are WINDOWS GENUINE & BETA TESTERS from all over the globe totally awesome read Ian again THANK YOU
regards
Jeffrey OBrien

The Engineering Windows 7 blog reports that there have been some changes made to the "Experience Index" feature of W7.

Found via the WTB, for the full blog post read more at EW7.

Reaction score
ATI 5970 Windows Experiance Index

In the meantime i hade some time to test.... And my findings are very interesting: The ATI 5970 doe snot only score only 6.0 in the Windows Epxeriance index, it is under a lot of application clearly slower than the NVIDIA GTX 295.
This does not affect games. But 3D Graphic software like Maja, Brice, Altium, Solid works, etc.....

Seams like there is a problem that the ATI driver (or even the Hardware) is not that kind of perfoamrnt in normal Windows use as NVIDIA 295....

I did the test on the same hardwrae (Gigabyte x58 UD7) and same software, just changed the Graficcard... So i'm now running with 2 x NVIDIA GTX 295 SLI and the system scores 7.9!!! Now i have two ATI 5970 for sale.... :-(

Reaction score
Awesome reply thankyou to all who sent me an email.I have just discovered that the two DVD'S posted to me from the WIN7 Team Manager (AUSTRALIA) are in fact Gold Edition Win 7 Ultimate RTM 7600 Final cut,I have seen a bit about these and I have now understood what Microsoft have sent me,TOTALLY AWESOME MICROSOFT THANKYOU especially as it's a Lifetime Windows Anytime Upgrade which has no expiry date I will now try Win8 etc .

Microsoft have been very good to me as a tester and have they looked after me YES IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE THANKS MICROSOFT for WIN7 and my RTM Edition
regards
jeffreyobrien

Ask a Question