Windows 7 Boot menu problem

Reaction score
Hello guys, I am trying to reinstall windows through cd rom, I have just burnt windows 7 iso file on disk using microsoft made usb/dvd download tool , but there is a problem, when I put my disc in laptop, and chose "BOOT" at boot menu it doesn't show that there is a disc in laptop, I had almost same problem with flash drive only one difference it just shows name of flash drive, but when i hit enter it doesn't do anything.( I also write windows 7 on that usb using microsoft made usb/dvd download tool)
So whats wrong with my computer?

thats picture of it:

I see other peoples boot menus look little different like this one

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I think you have an IDE DVD player not a USB DVD. Move current item 3 (Matshita DVD RAM) so that it is in order above/before current item 2. Then try booting to DVD.

If that doesn't solve your problem then it's possible the W7 default drivers don't recognize your DVD-Rom so then you would need to load drivers from the manufacturer first, so that W7 will recognize it.

Ask a Question