Windows 7 Application Compatibility Mode - Discussion

Reaction score
I am using Windows 7 ultimate RC1. When I go to use compatibility mode to install Photostory 3 it does not give the same dropdown options shown in your tuorial windows. It only says "previous version of windows", and no other choice. And the program does not install.

I also tried the wizard and it says something like "disabled version check". But it still doesn't install.

I have found numerous sites and pictures on the web of people running photostory 3 on thier Windows 7 machines and installed it and run it using the steps above.

How do I make the OS options show up for campatibility mode?

Thanks, -Tim

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Tim :) Can you please post a screenshot of what you see and I'll have a look. (I might move this topic to a new thread if it looks like it needs some further investigation, but I will message you the new URL if so).

Reaction score
missing compatibility mode choices.

I was hoping that someone figured out why the options are missing in the compatibility mode choices. mine also says "pervious version of windows". Please help. here is a screen shot.

-David

Attachments

Reaction score
I have received software from a vendor that they say runs on 32 bit
Windows 7. I have purchased a new computer which has 64 bit
Windows 7 Home Premium installed. The program will not load even after I have run the compatabliity mode option. Does the compatability program make changes to the user program or does it change the way the operating system sees the program?

Ask a Question