Windows 7 and WGPS606 (netgear print server)

Reaction score
Windows 7 and Internet connection (update)

OK. Now thanks to your help I have a system that is running Windows 7 64-bit What I can't do now is connect to my Netgear WGPS606 print server.

I used the Printer Server to connect to the internet since my desktop does not do wireless. When I did the install of Windows 7 32-bit, I was able to access the Print Server with no problem.

Now that I have 64-bit running, I can't access the Print Server.

The Netgear install disk can't find the server and says the cable is disconnected. I have tried rebooting and powering-off the printer server in every combination with no luck,

If I boot the computer with the printer off, the computer shows no connection. When I turn the Print Server on, the system starts looking for a network and "finds" an Unidentified Network that is connected to the internet.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry about the link :eek: I brother had this problem i couldn't remember exactly how to do it this is the link we used, hope it solves your issue as it did my brothers :) sure your problem the same;

http://social.answers.microsoft.com...e/thread/256167d6-d6b6-4d8d-b164-82c15dd72a01

let me know if this solves it
Thanks for the link but my problem is even before I get to try and connect a network printer. My system doesn't even see my netgear print server (or the network).

Reaction score
I have moved the computer so I am now connected to the wireless router via a cable (no longer trying to through the print server).

I still couldn't connect.

Using another computer I downloaded a new driver for Network adapter and installed it, rebooted and still get the "Unidentified Network" with no connectivity.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question