windows 7 and realtek hd audio problem

Reaction score
hi. there seems to be a problem with my realtek hd audio. i have had this problem once before but i fixed it after reading a certain forum. the problem is that my realtek hd audio shows that its unplugged. i am using an onboard sound controller. i do not have a front panel jack so i disabled the front panel jack using realtek hd audio manager. after disabling it my realtek audio seems to be getting a signal when i play mp3's on WMP. but the problem here is i dont hear any sound from my speaker. when i checked realtek properties, the signal seems to be coming from the front panel..which i do not have. i tried reinstalling drivers. nothing seems to be working. i have attached the screenshot of my realtek hd audio manager. as u can see, the rear panel jacks are greyed out. the front panel however is available when i dont even have it connected. please help. i've been trying to fix this for hours.

Attachments

Reaction score
Have you tried disabling the front panel jack detection? Click on the folder icon in the top right of the image you posted. Hope this helps, if not we will try something different.

Reaction score
yes i did. the pic attached is how the audio manager looks like with the front panel detection disabled. is this a common problem with windows 7?

Reaction score
have the same problem as you've described - i'am wondering is the digital output at back is still working, or maybe we should switch to front outputs :(

still no sound :(

Reaction score
i tried installing the latest drivers..i tried switching to drivers for vista and xp..nothing worked. the first time i had this problem..my mic was connected to the sound card. after plugging it out..the sound card worked. the second time i got the problem..unplugging the mic didnt work. somehow its working again now. i dont know how exactly. i guess u just have to keep trying. windows 7 action center shows that there is a problem with my sound driver. i have not fixed it in case it doesnt work. all the best..

Ask a Question