Windows 7 and HP Pavilion dv9821ea

Reaction score
I upgraded to windows 7. Now my laptop will not boot up. All the lights come on and the fan works but screen is blank and I can not get into the BIOS. Tried on another monitor and the same result on screen just black and blank.
Tried a boot up disk I had made, but can't get into BIOS to change setting for CD rom to work.
Worked on this 2 days now and nothing is happening. Any help please!!!

Reaction score
Sorry what do you mean How so? IT is not booting up, it does not come on screen and it will not respond to F keys.

Reaction score
Bios setup should be accessible anyway. If the keys are not locked somehow with a keyboard switch, and if pressing the right key ("Del", "Fn") to enter bios doesn't take you there, that sounds like a serious hardware defect. Probably something with the motherboard or corrupted bios.

Reaction score
I got the answer and fix the problem. I had to disconect power suply. Take out battery, hold down the power on/off power switch for a minute. Then replace battery turn on power and it works fine now.

Ask a Question